Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to School


Taken in Gatlingburg, TN, Smoky Mountains
How can it be this time already? No, I don't have children going back to school, just myself! And how can I be behind in classes in only 2 weeks? My textbook finally arrived Friday--after the first assignment was due Tuesday! Oh well, it's a good thing I'm on good terms with my instructor. :-) So I have spent the last two days buried in this book playing catch-up. My husband says he'll see me in December when the semester ends. :-) The Stokoe system vs. the Liddell-Johnson Hold Movement is NOT my idea of fun! I don't want to learn the morphology and syntax of every lexical unit is American Sign Language! Yes, I am whining.

I could be doing so much more in my craft room! I have to admit I have been taking "breaks" and working on my crocheted scarf. WOW--I never knew this could be so addictive! I will have to post a pic when I am finished.


It's hard to believe it's practically fall. The weather sure isn't cooperating here--it's an amazing 89 degrees today! But, it's supposed to drop in the 70's later this week...and for that, I am grateful. I have already put a fall tablecloth on the kitchen table and started poring over fall recipes...apples, pumpkins, cinnamon. I love the colors of fall & the scents of fall! I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet. I just LOVE Oct to Dec, well, maybe after March. After all, I am Irish too. :-)

No comments: