Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My first crocheted scarf!


I have always, and yes I mean ALWAYS, wanted to learn how to crochet. I mean it looks so easy when I see peoples hands just zippin' away making something! Well, apparently there are some people like me who are a bit "challenged" with this and end up buying a copy of "Crocheting for Dummies". Yes, I humbly must admit I finally broke down and bought the book. Obviously there are more people than just myself out there who just can't get it. Ok, trying to make myself feel better there. :) Of course, I had to make a pink one! And how appropriate since October is Breast Cancer awareness month too.

And I finished just in time because the temperature dropped into the 30's...brrrrr...from the high 60's! I think I might have seen a snowflake this morning!

I have bought SO many different books and yes, even a DVD, on crocheting and it just never clicked. FINALLY. But there is one small problem........

I CAN'T STOP MAKING SCARVES!

I can hear you laughing. :) I have been afflicted with the "Scarfers Curse". I know you've heard of it. It's a tragic condition where every person I know is getting a scarf for Christmas! My husband just shakes his head and says "there's going to be some cold sheep this year". I can't help it. I want to move on to an afghan! :)

Keep on Crafting,

No comments: