Thursday, September 2, 2010

My first craft fair!

About 2 weeks ago, I went to my first craft fair here locally to be a vendor. It was a new experience! I have been wanting to set up and sell a few items but was really afraid to "take the plunge". What if I didn't sell anything? Surely I would feel like a failure! Two hours went by before my first sale, and I have to admit, I was definitely feeling discouraged as I watched others around me selling from the first 5 minutes! I wasn't really sure what to expect and I even priced my items a bit lower than I normally do... I really wanted to sell some jewelry! I wish I had taken pictures of my jewelry before-hand but I only have a few of some items I did sell. It was great to "get my feet wet" with a home town show. Now I have a much better idea of what to expect. I normally list my items on Etsy and Ebay, which you know about a million other jewelry-makers do too, so you know how that goes. ;( Oh well....I'm encouraged to keep making though and who knows...I might find a Christmas craft show to be in next!
























No comments: