Friday, January 14, 2011

♥ Friday Flickr Inspiration: Hand-Tied Quilts ♥

Did I ever mention I love quilts? So you know I especially love handmade quilts. And if I have a preference, I love the old-fashioned traditional "vintage-style" hand-tied ones best. My great-grandmother used to make these quilts and my mother once made me one also that was hand-tied.

I got an Accuquilt fabric cutter for Christmas and have been anxious to try it out. I was going to go with the smaller GO! baby cutter, but found the regular-size cutter on sale for only $50 more (not the usual $200 more than the small one!) at Christmas...yes I was thrilled!! I really wanted it for applique pieces but I think I got bit by the quilt-bug! I finally started cutting my pieces out for a few patchwork placemats and they're so cute! (I can't draw a straight line, much less CUT a straight line, haha, so you know I need this cutter). I will have to share them soon. I had few fat quarters of shabby-chic material and decided it would be a good starter project for me. So that was the inspiration for this Friday's Flickr show. :)



No comments: