Friday, January 11, 2013

♥ Friday Flickr Inspirations: Quilted Tablerunners ♥

This year for Christmas I got a new sewing machine! Yay! My 25 year old Brother machine is acting like it's broken & I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. :(  No great love loss though--it was very basic and only did a straight running stitch and zigzag.  My new Singer can do 600 different stitches. Yes, I was giving away alot of tea towels with decorative borders for Christmas! ;) The best feature of this machine is the threader because I can't really see to thread a needle anymore. Of course, the automatic tac and thread cutter is awesome. I've never owned such a nice machine and the push-button start/stop is great--hate those foot pedals! It seems a bit fancy for me, but I guess I have no excuse to not learn "real" sewing now. I've been hemming the new pairs of  Mr. Prim Rose Hill's jeans, so he's thrilled. haha.

I keep saying I'm going to start quilting, so I think I will start with tablerunners. That's more my size for starting out! :) I definitely found some inspiration on Flickr this week. Now I have to dig into that big stash I've fabric I've been collecting and get busy!

have a great weekend! :) 
SHERI
Simplebeans tablerunner


TLC Stitches: Cheery tablerunner
knit one smock too: Christmas tablerunner

andrea (knitty bitties): meadowsweet tablerunner



Rita69:Heart Tablerunner
sandyquiltz: 12 Days of Christmas
cricket-tucsok: snowflake tablerunner
deb@arealsimplelifequilts: sentimental florals
angela - fussy cuts: swell table quilt

No comments: